Programming your remote
The universal remote control for your system can control other devices, like a cable box or Blu-ray player that is connected to your product. Learn how to program the universal remote to control a connected device.
To program your remote:
- Power on your system
- On the system console, press the Setup button
Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected.
- On the remote control, scroll down to select [Source] setup, then press the OK button
- Select a programming mode:
- If you have the remote that came with the device you are trying to control, scroll to Set up the remote, then press the OK button
- If you do not have the remote that came with the device you are trying to control, scroll to Manual remote code entry, then press the OK button (Note: When prompted, a brand and code must be selected)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete programming.
- Plug in the emitter to the IR jack on the system console
- Place the flat side of the IR emitter on or near the remote sensor of the device(s) to be controlled
Tip: The remote sensor on the device is often a small translucent plastic on the front of the device
The remote will send IR commands to the TV.
Note: IR commands for the TV will only come from the remote. The IR emitter will not broadcast IR commands for TV control.