One day out of each year, we pay homage to the smart, talented, always-knows-best wonder of the world that we call Mum. And what a very well-deserved day it is.
From dirty nappies and kissing it better, to the birds and the bees—and even long after we’ve started making our own decisions—a mother’s job is never done. So, how do you give thanks to the incredible (if sometimes a little scary) force of nature that made you, you? Spoiler alert: it’s not a guinea pig or all-weather tyres.
We’ve put together a can’t-miss Mother’s Day guide that gets to the heart of what mums really want: A memorable experience to be cherished long after the day has passed. Made even better and brighter when paired with the amazing gift of sound from our Mother’s Day gift guide.
Nothing hits harder than gifts that get up close and personal. Whether it’s home-made or bought, create a gift that can be experienced both today and well into the future. And turn Mum into a gooey, mushy pile of love each and every time.
- Find your roots: From wall-hangings to paintings and sketches and more, get creative with family tree wall art. Or trace your ancestry, find out where you came from and uncover ancestors that Mum never knew existed
- Make memories last: Preserve all of life’s big and little moments by digitising home movies and photos to ensure that all of Mum’s memories last forever
- A picture says a thousand words: Create a collage masterpiece on a quilt, pillow, wall-hanging, mug or T-shirt in just a few clicks with online photo and printing sites
- A movie montage: Piece together music, photos and video clips to create a movie that Mum will want to watch over and over again
Get even more sentimental with a family inspired playlist or soundtrack. Then pair with our go-anywhere, water-resistant SoundLink Color Bluetooth speaker for amazing bring-tears-to-your-eyes sound. Eye-catching in Yellow Citron, it’s the ultimate Mother’s Day reveal.
Create a little bit of heaven right at home and give Mum the gift of pampering, relaxation and most importantly, self-care. Mums are always working, even when they’re off the clock. So, any gift that offers a moment of peace or much-needed me time is always a winner.
A little primping and pampering can work wonders. Help Mum rejuvenate, refresh and glow inside and out with a luxe at-home spa day.
Tip: We love Priyanka Chopra’s skincare secrets from Mum
Escaping to unwind and recharge is uber important to keep mums happy and healthy. Create a sanctuary at home for the ultimate me-time experience.
- Carve out a quiet space for the day or convert a room into a retreat
- Bring on the comfort with soft throws, pillows and fluffy socks
- Serve up creamy whipped coffee goodness courtesy of TikTok
- Infuse the room with relaxing scents like lavender or jasmine
- Queue up binge-worthy shows or these faves from the mum gang at Bose: Steel Magnolias, Stepmom, Little Women, Bad Moms, The Good Wife, Monster-in-Law
Block out the world. Bring on the relaxation. Seriously stylish in Soapstone, our luxurious Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 offer an instant any time, anywhere ‘getaway’ amid life’s daily trials. Pair with a playlist of heartfelt songs for Mum—more ‘Wind beneath my wings’, less ‘Pour some sugar on me’’—and you can’t go wrong.
Any gift that does a body good is something every mum deserves. Go the extra mile and make fitness a feel-good experience that Mum is sure to love. From beginner to advanced, yoga to boxing, training, nutrition, gear and more—keep Mum healthy and happy with an experience that packs a serious punch.
- Try everything, from yoga to HIIT to strength training, all available on-demand, live, or in studios around the world
- Stay active, sleep well and keep pace with Fitbit premium tracking every step of the way
- Practise yoga, meditation and Pilates to keep mind and body humming
- Stream top studio workouts and the best in boutique fitness wherever, whenever
- Get the whole fitness package, from workouts and tailored plans, to consultations and advice. Around the clock—and globe
No fit-mum experience would be complete without SoundSport Free wireless headphones that stay put no matter how sweaty or intense the workout. Add in a high-energy playlist made by yours truly to keep Mum motivated and to keep you on her mind.
Give thanks over and over with subscriptions for some of Mum’s favourite things. It’s like a mini celebration every month to remind her just how much you care. Here’s a few of our favourites to get you started.
- Cratejoy: Boxes for everyone from the fashionista and foodie to bookworm, pet lover, beauty-holic and more
- GlobeIn: Enjoy unique, handcrafted items from artisans around the globe while giving back to make the world a better place
- Boxwalla: Globally curated collections of must-have experiences in beauty, books, film and food
- Hello Subscription: Best-of-the-best subscription boxes from around the world
Pair with accessories to enhance Mum’s monthly delight. Like our audio sunglasses for the stylistically inclined, with their classic silhouettes coupled with cutting-edge sound. Or QC35 wireless headphones II to block out the world and tune in for full-on enjoyment of audiobooks, music and movies with the gift of sound.
A new hobby, a new interest, a new skill—learning is a timeless endeavour that can be enjoyed by everyone right at home. There’s a world of educational possibilities just waiting to be explored. So why not give Mum an experience that will feed her mind and fill her heart with joy? We’ve pulled together some back-to-school ideas to get you up and running.
- Learn from the masters: Get schooled by Martin Scorsese, creative with Annie Leibovitz and cooking with Gordon Ramsay
- Get seriously crafty: Crochet, bake, knit, draw and learn the tricks of your DIY or homemade craft of choice
- Bring out the creativity: Learn from top artists and designers with 1000s of video classes in art & design, food & home, crafting and more
- Create culinary magic: Study at the leading global culinary school, whether you’re an at-home cook or a pro
Sound and music affect mood, mindset, and our ability to focus and learn. Keep out distractions and turn up concentration with noise cancelling headphones. Throw in learning-inspired playlists like songs that make you go yum or soundscapes for studying to make Mum’s experience even more memorable with sound.