Setting TV Aspect Ratio
The TV Aspect Ratio setting allows you to adjust the size of video played on your system to fit the connected TV screen. This is useful for older 4:3 TVs or to zoom or scale an image properly for a widescreen TV.
To set the TV aspect ratio:
- On the remote control, press the Settings button
Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected
- Scroll down to select System Setup, then press the Enter button
- Scroll down to select DVD Setup, then press the Enter button
- Scroll down to select Aspect Ratio
- Scroll left of right to select 4:3 (for older TVs) or 16:9 (for newer widescreen TVs)
Tip: If 4:3 is selected, set the Image Format as well. For more info, see Changing Image Format option
- Press the Exit button to exit the menu.