Programming your remote
The universal remote control for your system can control other devices, like a cable box or Blu-ray player that is connected to your product. Learn how to program the universal remote to control a connected device.
To program your remote:
- Power on both your system and the device you want to control
- On the remote control, enter Programming mode:
- For TVs, simultaneously press and hold the Program button and the TV On/Off button for three seconds until all the source buttons glow
- For cable or satellite boxes, simultaneously press and hold the Program button and the Guide button for three seconds until all the source buttons glow
- Enter the remote code for the brand of your TV or cable/satellite box. If the source buttons blink rapidly several turn off, an incorrect code was entered. Wait 10 seconds and try again
Tip: If you need the code booklet, search for and select your product at bose.com/support, then click the Downloads tab
- Press the Program button, then test the code. If it does not control your device or has limited functionality, repeat these steps with the next code for the brand.