Using Touch Control
With Touch Control, you can tap the earbud's touch surface to play/pause audio, perform basic call functions, access mobile device voice control and adjust noise cancellation (QCEBs only).
About the Touch Surface
To control the volume, you must first engage the setting within the Bose Music App
- Open the Bose Music App and go to the settings menu.
- Scroll down to CONTROL and click the Volume button to engage the touch control volume feature. Once this feature is set, you will need to repeat this step if you ever wish to disengage the touch control volume.
On the right earbud, swipe up to increase the volume and swipe down to decrease the volume.
Using the touch control volume
Controlling media playback and mobile devices
- Play/Pause: Double-tap the right earbud
- Answer/End a call: Double-tap the right earbud
- Decline a call: Touch and hold the right earbud
Call notifications: A voice prompt announces incoming callers and call status. To stop call notifications, disable voice prompts using the Bose Music app. You can access this option from the Settings menu.
You can set the earbuds to access voice control on your mobile device. Once set, the microphone on the right earbud acts as an extension of the microphone in your mobile device.
Mobile device voice control
- To access mobile device voice control: Touch and hold the right earbud until you hear a tone; then release and say your request
- Stop mobile device voice control: Double-tap the right earbud
Control the amount of noise cancellation.
Using Touch ControlYou can double-tap the left earbud to change noise cancellation. For more info, see Using Touch Control.
Powering on to a selected noise cancellationNoise cancellation reduces unwanted noise, providing a clearer, more lifelike audio performance. Each time you power on the earbuds, noise cancellation is fully enabled at the highest level. If you want to use the the last set noise level when powering on, select your product in the Bose Music app and look for this option in the Settings > Noise Cancellation.
Selecting FavoritesBy default, have 3 noise cancellation levels set as favorites so you can quickly switch between them.
- Full noise cancellation - Provides world-class noise cancellation to eliminate virtually all the exterior noise around you
- Some awareness - Blocks most low frequency noises, like the rumble of a train or the hum of a vacuum cleaner, but still provides some awareness of your surroundings
- Full transparency - Provides full transparency so that you can hear the world around you as if you're not wearing earbuds
Adjusting noise cancelling in the Bose Music appIn the Bose Music app, select your product and then swipe the Noise Cancellation slider:
- Swipe right to increase noise cancellation
- Swipe left to decrease noise cancellation. When set all the way left, noise cancellation is not of; instead, it's at the setting, which makes the sound around you more noticeable.
Enabling Voice Assistant Touch Control
- Left - Disabled
- Right - Enabled
This QC and Sport Earbuds feature was added in the Bose Music App, versions:
- iOS: 5.0.2
- Android 5.0.1
- Firmware version 2.0.7