Turning Audio / Range Compression on or off
Audio compression evens out the volume level heard through your system by decreasing loud audio and increasing the level of quieter audio. This is useful if you frequently have to adjust volume while listening to sound on your system—or if louder sections of audio are interrupting people nearby.
To select an audio compression setting:
- On the remote control, press the Source button, then select a source to adjust
Tip: If the system menu does not appear on your TV, be sure the correct TV input is selected
- Press the More button
- Scroll right to select Options, then press the OK button
- Scroll up or down to select Audio Compression
- Scroll left or right to select a compression setting: Enhance Dialog, Smart Volume or Off
- Press the Exit button to exit the menu.